Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Playdate

Ailey and Parker had a playdate last week. A real playdate, just Parker, without his mom and little brother. Ailey and Parker were both so excited!

And honestly I was too. I've been trying to convince Parker's mom for more than a year that it would be really nice to have Parker here to play with Ailey, to give her someone her age to play with, to distract her from picking on her little sisters. (Finally Jen conceded!)

It was a fun afternoon. Ailey had someone to play with during baby nap time. I got some laundry done. Even Marin and Silje got excited to wake from their naps and find Parker in the living room.

The end of the playdate was, of course, a little traumatic. Ailey didn't want Parker to go. Wanted him to stay for dinner, stay the night, probably stay forever! To distract her from her sorrows I asked her to tell me about what she and Parker had done while he was here. That worked for a couple minutes, and once the comentary ended I suggested she take my camera upstairs and take a picture of the "dog park" she and Parker had created out of blocks for the dolls and their dogs. Something to remember the playdate by.


It worked. Because she stopped whining and proceded to take 15 more pictures of the walls, her books, me, the floor, and so on. It also helped to remind Ailey that she gets to go to Parker's for a playdate next week. Yay me! I mean, Yay Ailey!

No comments: