Saturday, October 31, 2009

A Happy Halloween

Ailey spent most of Saturday anticipating the coming evening. She knew Parker and family were joining us for dinner and trick-or-treating and was almost literally bouncing off the walls waiting for them to show up. However, Parker showing up didn't help to calm her down any - she was SO EXCITED about Halloween this year!

Halloween with Parker started when he and Ailey were just 6 months old (check out last year's Halloween post, with pictures of past years). The second year, when Parker and Ailey were 1 1/2, Parker's mom Jen and I actually ventured to take them trick-or-treating to a couple houses on our street. This year we numbered 5 kids and 3 adults walking up the street. After herding our little ones up and down sidewalks and stairs, I think we're both looking forward to a few years from now when we can stand back at the street with our thermoses of cocoa and let the kids do their candy-thing!

The crew from left: Parker the "Scary Bat" (an amazing costume that Jen made, complete with very cool wings that I didn't get a good picture of); Marin the Ladybug; Levi the Bear; Ailey as Cinderella; and Silje the Bumblebee.
 
Ailey and Parker

Heading out trick-or-treating ... rainboots, umbrellas and all!
 

Ailey checking out her treats.

Silje really wanted those Skittles! When we told her she could have some tomorrow, I'm pretty sure all she heard was "blah blah blah".

When it was time to go there were hugs all around....

My favorite picture of the night!

I hope you all had a fun Halloween!!

No comments: