I've got a recipe for "Monster Cookies" that I love. I usually make them around the holidays. Lots of yummy stuff in these suckers. This particular recipe comes from my Aunt Sharon who, I have to assume, came up with her recipe at a time when she was feeding her kids and lots of farm hands daily ... because I can't make her full recipe all at once. I can't even make the half recipe that she included in our family cookbook. No, I have to halve the half recipe in order to get this to fit in my mixer and be able to bake all the cookies in one day!
I wanted to make them last week for Andy to take with to his Habitat work day with a group of his co-workers. I spent the week wondering what to do about the fact that I haven't been able to find mini-M&Ms in the grocery stores lately. Maybe they are somewhere, and if I spent an afternoon visiting all the stores in the area maybe I'd find them. But do I need to explain that I don't have time for that?! I did look on the M&Ms website where their "where to buy" search turned up nothing. So I took to my usual Albertsons and decided to substitute mini-Reece's Pieces for the peanut butter chips. (I think the regular sized M&Ms are too big and I've gotten used to having the little ones in there.)
Friday afternoon rolled around, I pulled out the mixer, checked the recipe before beginning ... and realized I didn't have any butter. Seriously, how can I not have butter in the house?! So the cookies didn't get made. :( Now that I have my butter I'll be making them up the first chance I get!
In response to a recipe request, here is the 1/4 recipe I came up with from halving Sharon's half recipe. Thank you, Aunt Sharon!
MONSTER COOKIES
3 eggs
3/4 tsp vanilla
3/4 tsp maple syrup
1 stick butter, softened
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
1 cup 2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 tsp baking soda
4 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
2 cups total of chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips, mini-M&Ms
Bake cookies for 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees.
Mmm Mmm GOOD!
No comments:
Post a Comment