Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Luke Winston Dutchin

My sister, Sarah, and her husband, Winston, had a baby boy yesterday. Luke Winston Dutchin. He's beautiful, of course. Proud Aunt Jenni is very excited, as is the rest of the family.

Ailey might have to warm up to the idea of him being a boy cousin, she was sure it would be a girl! In fact, after I hung up the phone with Sarah and started talking to Ailey about her new cousin Luke, the first thing she said, with a bit of a frown on her face, was "I thought it was going to be a girl!" And it's disastrous for a 3 year old to find out that what they thought was going to be, wasn't! Of course, if not for the fact that I have just told this story, wrote it in such a way that we will now always remember it, she probably would forget there was ever any disappointment! Darn Mom.

Ailey and I are very excited to meet Luke in September when we go to visit. Welcome to the family, Luke!

No comments: