Friday, January 15, 2010

Ailey's Encyclopedia

Ailey has always loved books. When she was still in her crib she would go to bed with books instead of stuffed animals. If I wanted to sleep in one morning I would sneak in her room at night and put books in her bed after she fell asleep so that she would wake up and entertain herself reading for a while and let me sleep.

She rarely bent, tore or sucked on books either. I can think of one book that she chewed the corner of and a few that I had to tape up after she tried to turn a page too quickly.

Marin and Silje aren't very nice to books, which is why they have lots of stuffed animals in their beds instead of books. And why most of their books are missing the spine and have tape all over them.

Ailey always goes to bed with books and reads herself to sleep. And she often falls asleep in weird positions or places. (Remember this?)

The other night I found her sleeping under her new Encyclopedia. She has her favorite pages tabbed. I think she fell asleep under the penguins. :)

No comments: