I took the girls to the doctor this morning. All three girls (and myself) have been sick for a couple weeks, but only Marin had an appointment as she had a fever this morning and had been pulling at her ears yesterday. I was planning on having the doctor check Ailey's cough as an aside, but Silje, though I thought she was over her cold, is the one who ended up with the extra attention.
We were running a little late as it was. That's fairly typical when I make a 10:20 am appointment at 8 am the same morning. However, we ended up even later when I opened the door to get Silje into the stroller and found she had thrown-up all over herself and the car seat. I wiped up as much as possible but had to close up the car and leave it sitting in the sun while we rushed in to make our appointment.
So while I had only one appointment, all three girls ended up being checked. Ailey was cleared. Silje has a slight infection in one ear. Marin has a pretty bad double ear infection - I believe the doctor used the word "bulging" as she came away from the first ear drum. I'm not surprised, she's been cranky, clingy and not eating much.
When we got back to the car I opened all the doors and windows while I cleaned up Silje's carseat a little more. It's a good thing it was nice today so we could drive home with a couple windows open too. The seat cover is now drying and is hopefully free of any smelly reminders of our morning.
Doctor appointments, whether one or all three kids are being seen, always make for a hectic day. But coming away with two prescriptions and a vomit-scented car will make the next few appointments seem like a walk in the park!
No comments:
Post a Comment