Friday, March 13, 2009

Silje and her Hair

Babies and their hair. Is it an age? Is it a stage? They've found this cool-feeling stuff on the top of their heads that they are too busy to notice when they're out playing, so naturally they play with it when strapped stationary in their highchair. While eating. With food all over their hands.

It's a good thing that food in the hair isn't reason enough for a bath in our house, because I just don't have the energy (physical, but mostly mental) for two baby baths every night. Much less after every meal. On bath night I like to snuggle with Marin and Silje and smell their fragrant hair while reading a book before bed, because by the next morning it's smelling like old peaches and by lunch there's a faint whiff of cheese in there. Yum.

Marin is actually the queen of messing up her hair at meal time. She has more of it, so I suppose it's more interesting. However, we seem to be going through a phase of Silly-Silje pictures and videos, because it's her I'm using to illustrate this post.

Grab the hair! Grab the hair!
HA! So proud of herself for messing up her hair and ignoring Papa's attempts at distraction!The video. You get to hear a bit of chatter here too. Silje is definitely a talker!

1 comment:

The Dutchin Family said...

This one made Cousin Luke smile! Hope it doesn't give him any ideas now that he is eating food too!