Friday, October 17, 2008

The Sky is Falling! ... Or at Least a Few Teeth Are

Silje got three new teeth. Yesterday. In one day. The second top tooth has been showing through for a few weeks and she has been playing a lot with her ear. (When I took her in a few weeks ago for a possible ear infection - while she had a cold and was rubbing her ear a lot - her pediatrician said that teething pain can sometimes move up the jaw to the ear. Since Ailey didn't show any teething signs at all until she got her first molars, Silje makes me feel like a first time mom when it comes to her teething sometimes!) She's obviously been teething, really cranky, crying like her world is ending if Ailey looks at her funny or Marin takes her toy. Tylenol and cold teething rings seem to help at times, and finally, yesterday morning I noticed the top tooth had come through. Yay! Finally!

Yesterday was also a preschool day. Those days aren't Marin and Silje's favorites. They don't get a morning nap and their eating schedule gets a little off. They are usually pretty cranky by the time they go down in the early afternoon. As Silje was - extra sensitive and crying at the smallest things, again, like her world is ending. But when I laid her down to change her before her nap I saw two white bumps on her bottom gums too. Knowing she's teething I've been checking her gums diligently everyday. I know those weren't there the day before! So, three new teeth in one day. I don't blame her if she thought her world was ending. Thought that the sky was falling. Believed she was about to sail off the end of the world. Or that aliens were on their way to take over earth. I know what it felt like to get one root canal, but I can't imagine the pain of three teeth breaking through. I'll tell you, she's got my respect right now!

No comments: