Saturday, August 31, 2013

Go Huskies!

I have to admit, I'm not a huge football fan. I enjoyed it in high school when I knew the players and Friday night football was part of the scene. I enjoyed it at college as a social thing and because, well, PLU football was awesome. I've enjoyed the couple of years I've played fantasy football, but that's a numbers game and I really only pay attention to my scoreboard online. So these days, well ... the food is fun on Super Bowl Sunday.
 
Andy, on the other hand, gets into college and professional football. So, I have to admit, the lovely fall season is marred a bit by Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. Really, we non-football fans only get Tuesdays and Wednesdays?!?!
 
Don't worry, I keep myself busy while the games are on. And usually I keep the girls busy too. But as they get older Andy is trying harder and harder to get them into watching football with him. Is it working? Ummmm, no. But he'll keep trying and maybe one day....
 
The girls all decided on their Halloween costumes about a week ago when we found Husky gear at Costco. We'll have two Husky cheerleaders and a Husky football player come October 31st. And boy, are they cute! In order not to completely wear out their "costumes" over the next two months I told them they could only wear them on Husky game day when Dad was watching the game. So tonight -- Husky opening night -- they've got their Woof gear on and are very excited about it! Andy has his jersey on too, so of course the camera came out and the smiles went on and we got some fun pictures.
 
Enjoy. And if you hear cheering or crying in sync with the Husky game tonight, that's probably Andy, 'cause our windows are open.
 
Go Huskies!
 
 

 


No comments: