The girls and I are heading to Toys R Us to get a gift for a birthday party Ailey is going to and, in classic Higgins-girls'-style, they are all talking at once about Where are we going? and What are we doing? and I do my best to work in an answer with each question.
Of course, they can't hear my answer the first few times so it's a couple minutes before Silje hears me say "We're going to Toys R Us". And it's again a couple minutes before I hear, and then understand, what she is saying in reply.
She says "Mom, that thing you just said starts with Silje!" I'm confused - who wouldn't be, huh?! So she keeps repeating herself, that what I just said "is an S that starts with Silje", just like her name. I'm still wondering WHAT I said that starts with an S, but she is persistent and finally I get it.
Toys R eS. With an S for Silje!
At first I tried to correct her. "No, Toys R US." But she isn't having it. She insists I definitely said "Toys R S", and her excitement definitely makes me want to just agree with her.
So you should too, of course. The next time you need a toy for a birthday party, just head on over to Toys R S and think of Silje while you're there!
No comments:
Post a Comment