Friday, February 19, 2010

Pink and Blue and Mud All Over

This week I survived my first full day with all five kids in the house. Neither Ailey nor Parker had preschool the day after President's Day. I survived mostly because we got out of the house. Not "out" as in activities or errands in the car. Heck no. It's enough work to get them in and out and in and out on Ailey and Parker preschool days for pick-ups and drop-offs.

We got "out" as in the backyard. I love my big, hilly, fenced backyard if for no other reason than it makes it easy to get my kids out of the house on days when I have no where to go. And I had absolutely no where to go with two 4-year-olds and three 2-year-olds. Would you?

Jen and I planned ahead for this potentially dizzying day. She brought one of her kids' games for us all to play, and boots and extra pants for the boys to wear after a definitely planned foray outside on a likely rainy day.

And rain it did. We all bundled up, booted up, hooded up, and as it turned out pink-and-blue-coated up. Three girls in pink and two boys in blue. Go figure.

Marin stuffing some treasure into her pocket.
Silje "cleaning" her rocks.
Marin
Parker and Ailey keeping dry.
Ailey and Parker
Racing down hill. Ready, set ...
... Go!
Ailey
Levi
Parker

1 comment:

The Dutchin Family said...

Love the pink and blue jackets and running down the hill. How fun!