Marin found a new friend the other day. We often see squirrels in our backyard, this one was friendlier than most. Since we don't give them handouts of any kind I'm not exactly sure what he was expecting from his interaction with an over-excited 1-year-old. Whatever. He entertained all three kids for a few minutes. Damn, if I'd known he was going to stick around that long I would have at least tried to gather a load of laundry or something!
Marin's new favorite thing to practice over and over and over and over and over and ... um, what was I saying? Oh yeah, Marin loves to climb up in the kitchen chairs. If they are positioned just so, she can reach something on the table that is supposed to be out of reach. Otherwise she just sits there proudly.

She taught Silje her new trick ... "Yay!"

... And even pulled Ailey onto the band-wagon one day. Oh yeah, and knowing she's not supposed to, she
loves to turn around and stand up until I come to pull her down.

When is it OK for a girl to pull her shirt up and show you what's under it? When she's 1 and is proudly showing off her belly button! Marin is showing hers off in the background.

Silje finally joined the
But-I-Thought-I-Could-Get-Through-Here! Club that her sisters founded a couple months ago the day Marin pulled this stunt and Ailey told her she had been foolish in her youth too. Yes, a rescue was performed ...
after the picture was taken.
Such is life.
No comments:
Post a Comment